Come and join us this weekend for the DERA Summer Festival: there’s something for all the family!
Saturday 25th July
Bring your canine friend along to Donaghmede Park at 1pm on Saturday for our ever-popular dog show, organised by Tommy Foster.
Sunday 26th July
Our Grand Parade will assemble under the direction of Festival Marshal Bernard C. Byrne at St. Kevin’s School at 12pm on Sunday, and proceed through Donaghmede Estate to the festivities in Donaghmede Park. This year our parade will be led by Councillor Mícheál Mac Donncha, representing the Lord Mayor of Dublin Críona Ní Dhálaigh, and will feature the Dublin All Stars Marching Band.
Family Fun Day
Fun and games for all the family in Donaghmede Park on Sunday afternoon, immediately after the parade. We have a packed programme, including:
- BBQ & Refreshments
- Bouncy Castles
- Face Painting
- Wheel of Fortune
- Tug of War
- Competitions for all ages – medals to be won!
We’ve also got some great entertainment lined up for the afternoon:
- Irish Dancing Display by the Sherry Murphy Academy of Irish Dance
- Music from popular reggae/ska band The Outsiders
- Music from Ronan Byrne & Robbie Fotterall
The safety of all participants is of course our first priority: we will have qualified First Aiders on hand, and this will be an alcohol-free event. So come along for a great family day out, rain or shine!
Sponsors & Supporters
As always, we are grateful to our sponsors and supporters for their valued contributions towards making the Festival a success. We couldn’t do it without you!
- Donaghmede Shopping Centre
- News Centre Donaghmede
- Kerrigan Meats, Donaghmede
- Donaghmede Allcare Pharmacy
- Kay’s Kitchen, Donaghmede
- The Donaghmede Inn
- The Pet Store, Donaghmede
- Holy Trinity Parish
- St. Kevin’s Junior National School
- Scoil Cholmcille Senior National School
- Dublin City Council, North Central Area
- An Garda Síochána, Coolock
- Dublin Bus
- Irish Rail
- all our prize donors, supporters and volunteers!